Joining in the Discussion

This is Day 3 of 20 Days to Better Blogging with Children and the task is to join in with the conversation that a blogger has started in a post.  The purpose of this task is to engage you in the process of reading and commenting on blogs so that you can share an authentic blogging experience with children.

Even now, the thrill of opening up my computer and finding a comment in my email waiting to be moderated is very motivating.  It is one of the things that keeps me going.  Just imagine how the children will feel. 

However, not everyone find it easy to start commenting, worrying that they don’t have anything to say or that what they have to say will not be relevant.  Pluck up your courage and jump in.  You never know.  The blogger may well reply to your comment.  If there is a box to tick that says follow the comments in this post, I usually tick it so that I can see what others are saying.

Your task is to find a post on a blog that you would like to add a comment too.  If you are really daunted by this, start off with this post.

Errin Gregory has just written a great post on starting to blog with her students.  Perhaps you could leave her a comment.

• Day 1 Become a Reader of Blogs
  • Day 2 Keep Track of Your Blogs
  • Day 3 Join in a Discussion
  • 2 thoughts on “Joining in the Discussion

• Hi Angie
        Thank you so much for your comments. I have now been blogging for 8 months and still love to get comments so I am delighted that I was able to be of some help.
        I still find it difficult to comment on some blogs – particularly if they are big in the blogging world. I think I am naturally what is known as a lurker! In the cyber world it is OK to lurk and see what is happening and the types of comments that are written. Usually I eventually pluck up the courage.
        If you are blogging do let me know your blog url so that I can visit and leave you a comment.